Saturday, August 6, 2011

Somehow...


Somehow, Henry and Clara are now 5 1/2 months. They are growing like weeds. When placed on their backs, they both immediately flip to their bellies. While Henry enjoys this, Clara gets quite fussy about it.


Somehow, we've made it through these first five months and are feeling pretty good about it. I joke with Matt that we just figured it out and now it's about to get even more interesting....they are going to start crawling!!!

Somehow, they are actually big enough to eat cereal each day. Clara isn't such a fan but Henry sure is.



Somehow, Madelyn will be 3 years old next week....


She's talking nonstop about her Pirate/Princess Party we're having. When I asked her what she will dress up as she said, "Mommy, I'm already a princess!" So, apparently she will be simply adding an eye patch to her daily clothes and will become a Pirate Princess.

Mads at the Childrens museum in NC.

Somehow, she has yet to really get mad about the invasion of her brother and sister. She continues to be the best big sister! Always offering to help and singing to the babes when they are upset. Her song goes something like this, "Its okay, its okay, its okay, calm down, calm down, its okay..." I'll have to post a video soon. It certainly cheers me up when I hear it!

Mads and her baby sling.
Somehow, we managed our first family vacation. It was a whirlwind trip that involved approximately 15 hours in the car within a 48 hour time period. But our children are rock stars. They seemed to handle it just fine. As for me, Matt, and my Mom - we were exhausted at the end of the trip!


Cracker Barrel!
Parking lot at Cracker Barrel
Somehow, my days are flying by me. Often, I have to pause, breathe deeply, and make sure that I'm soaking it all in.

Somehow, these three kids of ours will grow to be teenagers and then adults. I'm afraid to blink, for fear I might miss it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment