We certainly never fail to turn many heads - It makes me feel like a celebrity.
I try to smile or respond but depending on the amount of sleep I'm operating on, I may keep my head down and keep walking. I think I'm just going to start dressing the babes in this onesie each time we go out-
|photo and onesie from http://www.cafepress.com/+identity+baby-bodysuits|
Really, it's not fun to answer the same questions or to acknowledge the same comments over and over again - Are they twins? A boy and a girl? You're busy! How old are they? Do twins run in the family? What a blessing! I'm glad we didn't have twins. and my all time favorite -
How do you do it?
My usual response to this is, "We just do." But I've thought about it and here are some things I'd like to say in response to this...
- One day at a time.
- Very carefully.
- Um, I kind of have to.
- With an amazingly supportive husband who moonlights as a Superdad.
- I'm a great multi-tasker (the job that most prepared me for mothering twins AND a toddler - bartending).
- I laugh a lot. I have to...or things could get quite scary.
- I throw pacifiers at walls. Seriously. Ask my husband.
- Cry. Yep, I do that a lot too.
- Warm baths. That amazingly supportive husband I mentioned before often encourages me to lock myself in the bathroom with a good book, a good beer, and a warm bath. Did I mention how amazingly supportive he is?
- Our family motto is, "You do what you gotta do." It is said often around here.
- With the help of other moms of multiples. They know what the day to day is like!
They are only 5 weeks old and I'm certain this list will change as they do.
If you are a mother of multiples, what's on your list? How do you do it?